Saturday, June 30, 2007

California July 2007 - 2

Day two of our trip takes us south of SF to the Montara Lighthouse Hostel just a few miles north of Half Moon Bay. As we stepped into the office of the hostel we saw a sign posted on the wall that read "Kundalini Yoga Friday morning with John from England". Ok the sign said a little more but that was the jist. So later while walking down the narrow path from the back of the hostel that lead to the ocean I see a man and woman videotaping and photographing themselves, dressed in white by the sea. John is pictured on the rock (we found out they are filming for dvds that they came to CA to make). Later that night, Carrie and I introduced ourselves and spent hours talking to our two new friends, John and Lindsey from across the pond (John does both yoga and tai chi and Lindsey is becoming a tai chi teacher). The next morning we took John's class and afterwards sat down for breakfast. Lindsey shared her Korean green tea, another hosteller shared her cherries and we shared some of our Noah's bagels (or rather, dough-rings as my friend Gretchen calls these CA bagel imposters). John ate the largest bowl of oatmeal and fruit I have ever seen a human being consume. He said it's all he'll need for a good while.

Day three brought us only 3 more miles south to my friend Amanda's roomate's house in El Grenada (near HMB). Thanks to Amanda (pictured with us) and her housemate (and house owner) Marc, we are staying about a week here in this million dollar home, all to ourselves, for $25 a night. Oh, yes, it's good to have friends. It's now day four or five, I'm gleefully losing count...

Yesterday we wandered through Half Moon Bay and did something we haven't done in ages--we bought things for ourselves! I bought a beautiful colorful new sun hat and

four small square orangy colored candles. Carrie got these sexy burgundy bamboo salad bowls and we each got these funky white coffee mugs--one says "create" the other says "pause"...things we both want to be reminded of. Oh, but that's not all. Then I bought C a sanskrit chant cd and got myself a writers book about San Francisco. Shopping is FUN!
Right now while I type my beautiful wife (of two years tomorrow) reads a new book she bought herself at the airport. I have a great view of her perfect elbow and her sexy arms. And despite what many married couples keep telling us, we keep falling in love with each other over and over again, for as I said two years ago out on the bluff overlooking the same ocean that is now only blocks away from us, she is the best one.